Downloadable Resources and Links
Pre-Departure Safety Checklist
- Make sure you are all set to drive away with your new Trailer
- Everything from selecting the correct vehicle, hitching basics, trailer-brake controllers, and extra tips
- Towing involves the interaction of a number of components; the driver, tow vehicle, and trailer, click here to learn how to operate safely.
- There are various devices used to hitch a trailer to a tow vehicle, click here to learn all about them.
Trailer Safety Week
- Click here to visit the Trailer Safety Week Site and learn more about their mission to improve the safety of the nation’s roadways by raising trailer safety awareness through education of end-users, dealers, and manufacturers on safe trailering practices.
Driver License Requirements for Towing
- This Information Bulletin (IB) provides clarification regarding the operation of specified horse and stock trailers, and other vehicles which are subject to the requirement of holding aClass A commercial driver license (CDL) or a restricted Class A driver license (DL).
How To Burnish Your Trailer Brakes
- Got drum brakes? Let's talk about what it means to burnish your brakes, when to do it, and how to do it. Lippert's simple tutorial will have you on the road in no time!